Student Leadership Awards Video Contest
Create a 30-second video showcasing the STEM career you are pursuing, and your motivation for achieving your dream.
Include a message on how Great Minds in STEM (GMiS) has had an impact on your career goals and aspirations. The video should be delivered in a upbeat manner and be positive and encouraging.
You can use props and the video can include a setting of your choice. The content and language must be G-rated with no cussing, swearing, or inappropriate behavior or gestures.
Entrants must be enrolled in and attending undergraduate or graduate college classes, full or part-time, between September 2020 and February 2021.
Entrants must be registered for the 32nd Annual Great Minds in STEM Conference.
Deadline: Friday, October 1, 2020, 5:00 PM PST
Prizes:1st Place: $1,000
2nd Place: $700
3rd Place: $500
4th Place: $300
*Honorable mentions will be recognized on theGreat Minds in STEM Conference Website
- Motivational and inspiring message
- Encourages pre-college students to pursue STEM careers
- Fun, upbeat, creative manner
- Videos can be submitted using a YouTube link.
- Send an email confirmation to Mayra Ventura at [email protected] and include the following items:
- Your YouTube Video Link
- Contact Number/Cell Phone
- School Name
- School City, State
- Title of Video
- Video Resource: How To Upload Videos To YouTube 2020
Announcement:Winners will be announced during the virtual Student Leadership Awards Show on Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 2:00pmPST. Winning videos will be shown during the Student Leadership Awards Show. All videos submitted become the property of GMiS and can be used to promote STEM careers.
Rules and Guidelines
- All entries must be a digital video.
- Entrants must be registered for the 32nd Annual Great Minds in STEM Conference.
- Entrants must be enrolled in and attending undergraduate or graduate college classes, full or part-time, between September 2020 and February 2021.
- Students should submit entries as individuals.
- The length of the video should not exceed 30 seconds.
- There is no entry fee.
- Entries must submitted using a YouTube link and emailed to Mayra Ventura at [email protected] as outlined on the Submission section above. All entries must be received by Friday, October 1, 2020 at 5:00pmPST.
- No copyrighted materials (music, images, etc.) may be used for this contest unless you own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this contest. Written permission must be obtained and provided upon request for all copyrighted materials.
- No professional assistance is allowed. Adults can be actors or cameramen but not content contributors.
- Content must comply with all local and national laws of the country of origin and the United States. Content must not:
- Promote illegal behavior;
- Support racial, religious, sexual or other invidious prejudice
- Advocate sexual or violent exploitation
- Violate rights established by law or agreement
- Invade the privacy of any person; or
- Be otherwise inappropriate as determined by Great Minds in STEM in its sole and conclusive determination.
- Entrants also grant Great Minds in STEM the right to use, reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, and/or display the entrant’s project video without further compensation or notification to the entrant.
- Great Minds in STEM maintains the right to reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, display, or exhibit the project for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes on their website, at conferences, or at any other venues.
- Entrants agree to be bound by the official contest rules and final decisions of the judges